• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign performance problems on new M1 iMac

Participant ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new top of the line M1 chip iMac with 16 gb memory and have been very frustrated with the performance of InDesign and other Creative suite programs. All my CC programs are 100% up to date.

InDesign is doing the following:

- When I make an edit parts of that text box vanish until I move the page or change the view, them it comes back.

- Sometimes edits such as changing font color doesn't happen, or at least it isn't showing the change.

- Sometimes entire text boxes temporarily disappear.

- Sometime tools don't behave normally.

- Sometimes my entire screen turns pink or blue.

Do I need to go back to my 8 year old MacPro which ran Creative Cloud programs perfectly and faster? 

Thanks for any advice or solutions,

Laura

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

The good news is, this is fixed in version 16.4 (tested in the pre release), the bad news is that 16.4 is not released to the public yet. Lets make that a bit good news: it will be released very soon 😉

For now, you can turn off GPU rendering, but things might be (a bit) slower...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you upgraded your InDesign version to the newest update? That is 16.3.2, the only one which supports the native M1 processor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but as noted, all my CC programs are up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The good news is, this is fixed in version 16.4 (tested in the pre release), the bad news is that 16.4 is not released to the public yet. Lets make that a bit good news: it will be released very soon 😉

For now, you can turn off GPU rendering, but things might be (a bit) slower...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the update. I've actually been avoiding GPU rendering, just in case, but it hasn't helped.

So are we talking about days, weeks, months for the next release?

This is my busiest time of the year and not only is this slowing me down, but I'm afraid I'll make mistakes. The other day I somehow turned all my text boxes yellow on one page. Thankfully I saw it in the PDF before it went to print.

I also forgot to mention ID has been crashing about twice a day and in a couple of instances it said it couldn't recover my files. I've never had that happen before and it was a bit of a shock to loose hours of work.

Thanks in advance for any additional details you can provide on the timing of this next release.

Laura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines