• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Place problem

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I needed to reinstall CS4 after a computer failure. I'm trying to "Place" a Word doc into InDesign but after selecting the file the pointer isn't loaded with the doc content. I'm also unable to find any legacy updates for CS4. Is the product no longer supported? Thanks, Gregg

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Gregg K9, Most of the activation servers for CS products are phased out but I think you can still download the clean script tool to see if it will help. I have no experience with this so please do some additional research and wait for some more answers from the Community. Adobe - Adobe CS4 Clean Script

FYI: It sounds as though you are up and running with CS4 but you can't load a document? According to this page, you can no longer reinstall Creative Suite 2, 3 or 4 even if you have the original installation disks. The aging activation servers for those apps had to be retired.  Adobe Creative Suite archive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines