Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Preflight option Type 1 font usage

Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

In InDesign Preflight option I just enabled to show error for Type 1 font is used or not. I just open the InDesign file with Missing font (which has type 1 font). But my Preflight option not shows the error.

If I load the required Type 1 font InDesign preflight shows error.

My question is why Type 1 font is used error not shown if  I not loaded the required font in InDesign? 

Any suggestion please

Thanks

Ganesh.R

TOPICS
Print , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the font is not loaded on your system, then Preflight is going to make that error the priority. The Type 1 error will only show once the font is loaded on your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ganesh,

I guess, the logic of Preflight is working like that:

Effectively the Type 1 font is not applied and not in use, it is substituted as long as it is missing.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

Thanks for the cofirmation.

Regards

Ganesh.R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may be useful for some people: Mike Rankin wrote an article on CreativePro.com recently about how to use Adobe Bridge to search metadata to identify which files contain (reference) Type 1 fonts:

https://creativepro.com/how-to-tell-which-files-use-type-1-postscript-fonts/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Steve,

recently I did some extensive tests with metadata regarding used fonts with InDesign documents.

I came to the conclusion that metadata cannot be trusted very much. It may list too many font styles for example.

The only trusted source would be the Fonts.xml file in an exported IDML container file, I think.

See also this thread where I discussed the issue:

Font type return is nothing, while using missing fonts
selvam214, Jun 09, 2021

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/font-type-return-is-nothing-while-using-missing-fonts/td-p/1...

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines