Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign preview isn't working

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have this issue and can't solve it, when I open my file on indesign 2023 or 2022, all my design are not displaying (preview mode) can not see my design, even the text, I right clicked on all the elements in the page and did the high quality display in display performance, but didn't solved my problem. I preview the file on cpu, nothing changed.

if someons can help please, would appreciate it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from enterprise and teams>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this just happening with one file, or every file you try? Please tell us more about your system: Focusing on the current version, 2023, please tell us what operating system (exactly) you're running. Please tell us (exactly) what InDesign version you're using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its happening with several files, Im usuing indesign 2023 version 18.0 om macOS Monterey version 12.6 as operating system, Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd suggest restoring your InDesign preferences and caches. This article tells you how:

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-rebuilding-preferences-cache/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also haaving this issue. Not on all files, just the one I'm working on. Not sure about clearing the cache...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

This is also happening to me on InDesign 2022/2024 for Windows. It did not happen on the mac version. Text, linked files (indd, pdf, etc), etc failing to render or partially rendering in preview. Preview mode set to High Quality. Moving and undoing text and objects forces InDesign to redraw that object or page in Preview mode but it happens to many pages in our files and most of our files are affected. sometimes jumping back and forth a dozen or so pages in the pages panel helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wanted to attach some visuals of the problem. One image shows Normal Mode then the other is Preview Mode (the content is missing!) Global Display Performance is High Quality. Object-Level Display is turned off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Layer settting? Like 'no print'? Or 'not print' attribute set for the frame? Try printing it directly from InDesign: does it print?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Exports to PDF/Prints with all content visible. All objects/content are on layer with 'Print Layer' checked. Tried clearing INDD Prferences / Deleting Cache Files, no change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines