• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign problems under BigSur and MBP AppleM1 chip

Enthusiast ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the current version of Indesign v 16.3.2 and and I've had the same problems since the beginning:
- If I edit a text afterwards, the text frame disappears all at once, only when I zoom out or in or turn the preview off or on with W do I see the text block again. It is very annoying when this always happens as soon as I type a sentence or delete a word, insert a new sentence, etc.
- If I move the pages back and forth with the space bar (hand), I suddenly have strange display errors on the whole page, such as huge red or black areas with crooked lines at the corners.
- If I leave Indesign open over lunch or at night with one or more documents open, the programme closes by itself. So I come and wake up the MBP and Indesign is closed - without error messages!
- If I edit a text in Story Editor and at the same time I want to scroll back or forward a few pages with the mouse, Indesign crashes.

Do these bugs have anything to do with the fact that I use an external monitor?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problems! The text frame disappearance is highly irritating. My placed .pdfs are not rendering either. Any advice anyone??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have - as recommended here in another thread - switched off the GPU Performance in the Indesign settings...It's strange, but it worked! So far I don't have a problem with the disappearing text boxes anymore 🙂
https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/gpu_performance.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem with the disappearing text boxes seems to be solved... But this morning Indesign was closed again! 😞
Why does this happen? I don't get any error message that I can send to Adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took a look at the console program and when I search for Indesign I find this:

/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Resources//GLRendererFloat.bundle/GLRendererFloat: #2: No such file or directory

I think this is the reason why Indesign crashes, also did a quick research on the web but I didn't find a solution! Help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And this:

Jul 16 08:28:23 MacBook-Pro-......-........  com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: Coalition Cache Hit: app<application.com.adobe.InDesign.4895434.4923163(501)> [505]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines