• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign problems

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Imposible to open a new file as well as existing ones in the Indesign program.

Everything happened after the last update

Need help!!!!!!

TOPICS
Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of InDesign and OS?

How much RAM and spare hard disk capacity do you have?

Have you tried resetting the InDesign preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having InDesign problems for the last 4 hours. It takes InDesign 20mins to close and even longer to open up. I have 40GB RAM, 467 GB of storage left on my 1TB Fusion Drive. I tried to re-set the InDesign preferencs by holding down the control/option/command keys but it didn't seem to do anything. I am on the latest InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on BigSur 11.4

27-inch 2017 imac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues, reset preferences and everything. InDesign 16.2.1 and 16.1 are both unbelieveably slow working in a 3 page essentially blank document.

Macbook Pro 2019 16-inch

Big Sur 11.4

237 GB Storage left, 16GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If people have the correct system requirement – plenty of RAM and spare disk capacity – and have reset (successfully) their preferences (see below) and you're still having problems, then consider uninstalling InDesign using the Adobe Cleaner Tool and reinstalling it again.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

To reset the preferences:

1) Close InDesign
2) Double click on Adobe InDesign's icon to launch it
3) QUICKLY hold down Ctrl+Alt+Shift. (for Windows) or CTL+OPT+CMD+Shift (for Mac OS X)
4) When a dialogue box appears, ask you “Delete InDesign Preference Files?” Click Yes.

(If you don't see the question do it again.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the end I uninstalled InDesign and re-installed it. It lost my link to Extensis Suicase which I had to get help from them with but it seems to be working so far.

I just don't understand how it can be working fine with no issues one day, to just falling over the next.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There can be conflicts between suitcase and InDesign; maybe you upgraded your version of Suitcase and that resolved the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines