• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Publish Online Help!! - Page offset to corner, video interactivity, overlays!

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I set myself the challenge of doing an interactive portfolio to display my work. 

I have a few things I want to be able to do which are currently not displaying properly when published, but look spot on when I use the EPUB preview spread within the app. Because I want to be able to distribute it for people to view easily without requiring special software, ideally this needs to be 'Publish Online'.

1) I have one page with a frame set up which will be where the videos play. These are in a multi-state object with rectangular buttons programmed to 'go to state' for each corresponding video. The buttons don't seem to be working.

2) I have a paper effect as an overlay with a blend mode, this is previewing as an image without the effects taking place. 

3) I have one very busy page with 5 or 6 multistate video objects on, this page previews as offset to the corner against a white background (not the usual grey indesign online page)

Any tips would be much appreciated! 

TOPICS
EPUB , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Advisor , Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Can you post the Publish Online document so we can take a look.

Also, if any of these examples have the effects you are looking for, let me know as reference: http://bit.ly/PubOnCollection

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Hi Catherine,

just a note on the Fixed Layout EPUB Preview panel ( what a name! ) :

This is not meant as a preview for Publish Online. It's a preview panel for Fixed Layout EPUBs.

In fact there is absolutely no preview for Publish Online in InDesign.

Just publish your document and test in all sorts of browsers and devices.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Diane Burns has a terrific step-by-step online video tutorial on Publish Online on LinkedIn Learning – you can get 30-days free access: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/indesign-publish-online-2?trk=learning-serp_learning-search-card_s...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post the Publish Online document so we can take a look.

Also, if any of these examples have the effects you are looking for, let me know as reference: http://bit.ly/PubOnCollection

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Catherine,

just a note on the Fixed Layout EPUB Preview panel ( what a name! ) :

This is not meant as a preview for Publish Online. It's a preview panel for Fixed Layout EPUBs.

In fact there is absolutely no preview for Publish Online in InDesign.

Just publish your document and test in all sorts of browsers and devices.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines