• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Publish Online Issue

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have created a document in InDesign and am using it's publish online function so that it can be viewed via desktop, mobile & tablet.

It operates fine on desktop but when you view it on an android phone it skips pages and is very clunky when you zoom in and out.  I have tried various settings to try and correct this but the problem still persists.

Any suggestions would would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

This is a known problem which has been reported and is "under review." Please vote for it in User Voice, if you have not already, as this helps the team understand which bugs need to be fixed most urgently.

Publish Online – Adobe InDesign Feedback

Sorry I don't have more information or a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on this issue? I too am experiencing the issue, including on a Surface Pro.

Thank you,

Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All.

I have experienced the same issue but only with browsers when on my new 2-in1 laptop (i.e. windows 10 but also a touchscreen and has a tablet mode - not android). In the Windows 10 2-in-1 laptops it appears that the Indesign Publish animated items do not work in Chrome, Firefox, and Explorer. However, it does work in Edge...which is, of course, the browser Microsoft would prefer you use. I have not tried it on Safari yet, but it works fine in Chrome and Firefox on my Mac. However, as anyone experienced the issue with iPads? Android tablets pose no issues, as I tried it on my Samsung phone and tablet.

However, the Indesign Publish documents work in all browsers on a standard (so not table/touchscreen enabled) Windows 10 laptop....it also works on my Android devices (any browser) and in any standard Windows  PC.

So...as ammarrora noted in one of the forums, it may be an issue with these new laptop/tables, where the three browsers "is interpreting your device as a Tablet"  (this was posted by Adobe employee, amaarora via her answer to similar questions in this thread: Interactive document buttons don't work in Chrome or Firefox ). She did not have a solution, however, I think she may have identified what the problem may be.

Now, I have been on the Adobe Chat helpline today and they had no idea what we are talking about. Instead, they gave the go-to advice to update your browser or open in another browser. However, the issue is that we create these documents with the expectation that users will be able to open and interact with the animated items regardless of what 'device' they are using...or at least have it work in either Chrome or Firefox on a Windows-based tablet. More 2-in-1 laptops are making it to the market, so it is imperative that Adobe ascertains why this is happing to all browsers except for Edge in Windows 2-in-1 laptops. Please also make your customer service team aware that this has been reported, so that they can advise us correctly...which at this point appears to be that there is no solution to the issue. Perhaps until a solution is found, we may need to add instructions in the 'publish documents' that users should use Edge if on a Windows 2-in-1 laptop or Windows-based tablet? Please advise. Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The issue has been fixed. Please check once at your end.

Thanks & Regards,

Sakshi Verma

InDesign Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I have a question for sakshiv74785150, I am designing a digital magazine and would like to host the magazine on my wordpress url website, NOT post the pages but have my magazine as the Theme. Can you help me with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines