• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign "Save" command is greyed out.

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a MacBook Pro M1 with OS Big Sur 11.4. Using Adobe InDesign 16.1, but the "Save" command is greyed out, as well as the "Revert" command. Also, it doesn't ask if I want to save changes when I go to close document as it used to do. Any thoughts? Thanks.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other than resetting ( deleting ) cache and preference folders or doing a fresh install?

Will an update to version 16.2.1 change something?

There should be a native version of InDesign 2021 for Apple Silicon with the M1 chip coming the next weeks.

You'll find the paths to cache and preference folders here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/setting-preferences.html

Quit InDesign.

Backup your cache and preference folders.

Remove your cache and preference folders.

Restart your machine and InDesign.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Uwe for your reply. I am very curious to try your suggestion(s) but I'm in the middle of such a huge headache of a job right now I feel nervous that I might lose any styles I've set up, etc. I know, probably silly, but once bitten . . . . However, I will make an attempt and let you know how it works out. Thanks again,

MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Save the document at an IDML file to clear out the crud especially if you've been working on the same document for a long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines