• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign reports Open Type fonts when they aren't

Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a document that when I open it, it says something like "your document contains 2 Type 1 fonts", when I'm pretty certain they are Open Type. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Choose Type > Find/Replace Font. In the list of fonts in your document, select the one(s) that are listed in the message. Then choose More Info and look at the Info at the bottom. If you can't figure it out, make a screen capture and post it here.

Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 4.49.05 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not crazy; this has actually happening for me as well. In my example, I am opening an old file that originally had Type 1 fonts, but now uses OpenType activated from Adobe fonts, but the file still thinks they are Type 1, despite showing that they are properly OpenType in the info section. The Type 1 versions are not even on my system anymore, and this is after a Font Cache purge. Only after I go through the list and manually "change" them again, does the Type 1 flag go away.

Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 6.32.15 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you have unused styles which have used T1 fonts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi GeofferyH,

could you share the document so that we do some tests?

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines