• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Review isn't showing highlights or pins

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My team has reviewed the document and the comments are showing in review but none of their highlights or pins are showing. I've signed in and out, restarted my computer, etc and it has made no difference. It isn't showing on their end either when they open the review link. It's like they disappeared. Below is a screenshot. 

Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.56.09 AM.png

TOPICS
Bug , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.  Was it fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. I have used Chrome and Microsoft Edge to make comments however the pins or highlights or drawing tools are not showing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Amanda22739664y9kj,

Sorry for the trouble. We have tried to address this issue. Please check and let us know if it is working for you and your co-workers now or not. Also, try clearing the cookies, different browsers, Incognito mode, or different Internet connections. Also, make sure you are not using VPN, Proxy Adblock, or any third-party extension which may interfere. Additionally, try updating your browser and let us know how it goes.

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I am having the same issue when using in InDesign and on Safari. I would really appreciate help – this is going to be super embarrassing if I have to go back to the client and say that I've lost all their work! 

Thanks,

Tessa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Tessa23362711w7q4 ,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Is this happening on the latest version of InDesign? If yes, please share a few more details like:

1. Is this happening on a specific link or multiple links?
  2. Have you tested this on a different browser?

We're here to help, just need more information.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2023 Jul 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is still there. It worked for hours - and then all of a sudden not. 
Im on a strickt deadline and cannot read the whole f..ing book to figure where the changes fit....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot get it to work, so the problem is still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue where a review link suddenly stopped showing where the comments placed were reffering to. This is both in the online review link and in the working file. Really hope this can be fixed as there are over 100 comments which I can not see where they relate to any more!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue from 2020 still happening in 2023. I've tried different browsers and also hard reload + empty cache. None of my comments that were higlighted are showing. InDesign 18.1 on Windows 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is still there. It worked fine for hours - and then all of a sudden not. 
Im on a strickt deadline and cannot read the whole book to figure where the changes fit....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Sissel-Tove Aasberg,

We are sorry to hear that you are still experiencing the issue. Could you kindly let us know if this problem occurs with every file or only specific ones? Additionally, we'd like to know if you can consistently reproduce the issue or if it happens randomly.

To troubleshoot further, we recommend checking if your co-workers encounter the same problem.

You can also try the following steps: clear your cookies, use different browsers, try Incognito mode, or switch to a different Internet connection. Ensure that you are not using VPN, Proxy Adblock, or any third-party extensions that might interfere.

Furthermore, consider updating your browser and informing us about the results.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This occurs on irregular occations. Sometimes the pins show, sometimes they dont. 

They might show perfectly  in a file until half way through a project, and all of a sudden they are gone. 

In the last round of reviews in one particular project, the review comments disapeard as well. Had beeen working fine (except for a couple of days with missing pins) for a week - and then they were gone. Had to use the review link to find the comments and the pin. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think adobe support understands what the problem is. It's not that you can't see the comments in your web browser, but you can't see exactly where they were inserted. InDesing you can see all the comments, but in part you don't know which element it refers to. It doesn't matter what browser you have, cache or VPN, since you can see all the comments, but you can't see 30% of the places where they are pinned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly!

I had to open the review link so see where the comments should go. But I see that for others the pins were missing there too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not a bug. The user uses the wrong tools to comment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you please explain. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines