• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Review problem and a suggestion/wish for an option

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2023 Jul 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I kinda like and hate the REVIEW function in InDesign. 

It is great to work with the team and/or customer. But recently following issues are appearing lately:

1. a review comment loses the link to the specific part in the document. It doesn't show where the comment belongs to. It says something like "unassigned comment".
I then can either guess what the commentator meant or ask which is annoying and makes the review function kinda useless - especially in a multipage document.

2. You have to switch to "NORMAL" mode to see the pins and markers from the reviewer - but this only works for a couple of clicks. All of a sudden all pins and marks disappear - no matter if I switch to "Preview" mode and back to "Normal" mode. The pins and markers stay invisible. This leads me to the same issue as number 1. where I then can guess where to correct something - or what the reviewer is reffering to.
At least it still jumps to the corresponding page...

I  checked the usual troubleshooting and reinstalled, reopened, updated etc. The problem stays.

For issue #2: I then have to go to the weblink where the pins and markers are still visible to see where the correction has to be done - then back to InDesign to make the correction
But this makes no sense and is not the way it should work.

Like I said - the REVIEW function is great - if it would work as it should.
But I miss something:
In my german version I got the two checkfields "DELETE" or "CLEAR" - and I don't know if "CLEAR" is the right translation. Since in german language "Klären" means kinda "This has to be discussed or reviewed" (especially the icon shows a speech bubble) - but when I check this - then the comment disappears and noone can see this comment anymore.
So right now I use "CLEAR" to mark that I made the revision - but because it disappears then my teammember or customer can't see if I made the correction the way it was meant.
Actually I miss a button that can be checked like "DONE" - so the reviewer can see that I have made the correction but still is able to see if it was made correctly.
I suggest a simple function with 2 buttons like : "DONE" for any done revision and "OPEN" to mark that I have seen the comment but need further explanation - which I then can write down in den "REPLY"-field or talk about in a personal meeting.

For me it is important that all reviews stay visible for myself and the reviewer/team member so after several revisions me or the team member/customer can go through the revisions and see if everything is done correctly or if there are open questions about anything.

That's just my two cents - maybe some users can relate  🙂

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2023 Jul 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just wanted to add, that I know that you can filter between CLEAR and CLEARED and see all the comments that was cleared - still find the translation in German language confusing since "KLÄREN" means "this has to be discussed, reviewed etc.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines