• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign runs like garbage since the last update

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what happened in the last update but now my InDesign runs like garbage. Updating simple (and small) PSD files now takes up to 10 minutes and I can't run in high quality display mode. 
I have a file that is incredibly simple, with only 10 pages and nothing but a single psd (all around 100mb) on every page and it takes me 10 times longer to update any of the images than it used to. 
This was not a problem before!!!!!! I don't have the fastest computer but it's not slow either and that shouldn't matter considering how well it ran before the update.

Why Adobe!?! WHHYYYYYYY!!????

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try resetting InDesign preferences?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the PSDs Linked (not embedded in the Links panel)? Have you tried a Save As to IDML? Does it happen if you create a new PSDs and place them in a new InDesign document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything is linked, I haven't tried saving as IDML because I shouldn't need to, and the same s#!t happens when I replace the psds. 
It's not only the one file. This is a performance issue across all my indd files that have linked psds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it’s happening with newly created ID and PSD files after resetting prefs and caches, then maybe look at any third party plugins or even document fonts. Also, turn off Preflight if it is on. I can’t replicate what you are describing on an relatively old iMac running OSX 10.14.6.

If you are simply replacing the PSDs, I wouldn’t expect that to change anything. You might look at Photoshop ancestor metadata, which can get quite large and transfer to InDesign files. Here’s a recent thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/huge-pdf-file-after-exporting-from-project-with-psd-file/td-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's go back to preferences. What exactly have you done so far? There is the keystroke option to use while opening the application but you can also delete (or rename) the preferences and cache. Did you get that far?

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-rebuilding-preferences-cache/

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just the keystroke option. I'll give deleting the preferences a try.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. In addition to the suggestions given earlier, I'd request you to follow this community post & let us know if the suggestions shared here help to improve the performance of the app.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines