Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign saves files without file permissions

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

One of my machines is having intermittent issues saving InDesign files to a network share. On occasion, we save a file from InDesign onto the network share, and the .indd file has no file permissions on it. InDesign takes a while to open and save files, but it doesn't appear to crash. (we dont notice that the file has no permissions until we try to re-open it, or make some kind of change)

I confirmed file permissions are properly set on the folder and subfolders for the user. No other applications are having issues with saving--when this issue occurs, its only .indd files. Any assistance is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Here is the hardware information. Please let me know if more information is required:

Macbook Pro

Big Sur 11.4

6-Core Intel Core i7

16 GB RAM

InDesign 17.1

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

17.2 is rolling out gradually now. Keep an eye out for it to see if helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ahh, unfortunately I did upgrade to 17.2 last week and it's still saving files occasionally without permissions. It's not ALL .indd files, but I would say about 10% of the time I encounter this lack-of-permission issue. The only way I get by is taking ownership of the file, deleting it, and recreating it from InDesign. Most of the time the new file will save properly.

How frustrating! I appreciate your suggestion though, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines