• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign saving and corrupting files

New Here ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone having trouble with saving InDesign files? 

I have been working on a project and as soon as I want to save my progress, the 'save as' pop up box will come up, and it will not allow me to save my file due to it being 'damaged'. 

Even if I open older files I've been working on, all of the images are corrupted. 

The only way I've been able to fix this and save my work is by restarting my laptop and re-opening InDesign. After I do this everything works until the next time I shut down my laptop. 

Any suggestions? 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's certainly odd behavior. Have you tried resetting InDesign's preferences?

Here are instructions on how to do that if you need them: Set preferences in Adobe InDesign 

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have! no luck unfortunately

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it just one file, or all files? Could it be related to a font your using or recently installed?

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Once I noticed my file wasn't saving I tried to open older files and they all react the same way, until I restarted my laptop. 

I don't think it could be a font, I've only downloaded fonts from adobe typekit and I haven't installed any recently. 

These are some of the popups I've gotten 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines