• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign scripts not working when I upgraded to OS Monterey and InDesign 2022.

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My older InDesign scripts not working when I upgraded to OS Monterey and InDesign 2022. Any help how I can fix these?

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Hi @tinam94365979, this might seem ridiculous, but could you try adding a ; (semicolon) to the start of the first line of the script file (the path to the script file is shown in your error dialog). Then save the script and try it again. Probably won't work but there are cases where an improperly terminated include file can cause this problem. Worth a try, even if a long shot.

- Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More info please. Can you post a specific script that is not working? How is it not working? Is there an error message? Does nothing happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this is the error message I get.

Screen Shot 2022-10-26 at 10.04.44 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the code? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @tinam94365979, this might seem ridiculous, but could you try adding a ; (semicolon) to the start of the first line of the script file (the path to the script file is shown in your error dialog). Then save the script and try it again. Probably won't work but there are cases where an improperly terminated include file can cause this problem. Worth a try, even if a long shot.

- Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good suggestion Mark, but I am thinking how was it working in CC2022. Did anything change in CC2023 w.r.t. ExtendScript? I doubt that. Let's see what the OP comes back with. The other thing I would want to test after this has been made to run on 2023, would be to see the behaviour of old code with setting the script engine to 2022 but running the code from 2023.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be interesting to see the first lines of the code.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Expert )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, This worked! Just adding a semicolon before the first first line - thanks you so much! Amazing! I have another script I may need to check. Thank again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, This worked! Just adding a semicolon before the first first line - thank you so much! Amazing! I have another script I may need to check. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines