• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign selected pages do no contain any inks to print plates (via Adobe PDF print driver)

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to print plates via Adobe PDF print driver using InDesign. I am using two spot colors. Link to Illustrator file is OK. Windows 10.

But I get an error, see attachment.

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without the illustrator file it's impossible to tell, but it seems the image is actually CMYK, not spot colors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That said, I don't understand why the registration marks are not printing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears indesign is smart enough not to include spot colors in the registration color when there are no actual spot colors on the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the Illustrator file.

thanks

I doubled checked the illustrator file and it has problems. Image trace was not expanded and you are right its CMYK.

thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You cannot add attachments to email to the forum, but since the file is CMYK I think we've solved the problem.

Are you able to print Separations from a composite PDF? If you can, exporting toPDF instead of printing the separations from InDesign would be the preferred workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Peter. With the Illustrator files missing we can't figure out the content. I would create a Zip archive with all your assets and upload it to a cloud service so we could download it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines