• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign: severe screen anomalies, unable to find chat or phone support

Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have logged the issue the Bug Report forum indesign[dot]uservoice[dot]com under: 

"Black horizontal lines appear on screen when scrolling"

I appear to not be alone in the problem. The problem is getting progressively worse, and I need to speak with support. However, I only get the option of Forums" in the support page - the phone and chat options provide no info/link. How to I get in touch?

2021-11-22_08-58-51.png

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried turning off GPU Performance in Preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, It introduced other screen problems, and the re-draw is horribly laggy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try deleting your Caches folder and if that doesn’t work, delete preferences, on OSX it’s:

Startup⁩ ▸ ⁨Users⁩ ▸ ⁨username ▸ ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Caches⁩ ▸ ⁨Adobe InDesign⁩ ▸ ⁨Version X.0⁩

Startup⁩ ▸ ⁨Users⁩ ▸ ⁨username ▸ ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨⁨Preferences ▸ ⁨Adobe InDesign⁩ ▸ ⁨Version X.0⁩

What version of InDesign? Do the lines print?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InD v17.01

They do not print, this is just a screen re-paint issue.

Screenshot examples, both shown are with GPU enabled in prefs

Without GPU performance enabled, lots of erratic scrolling and preview weirdness that is difficult to capture in screenshots.

Will delete caches and report back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd also like to know why Adobe is not offering chat or phone support options. That is allegedly par tof the CC subscription. I've been a paying customer of Adobe products since 1987. I rarely if ever call  - I'm used to lifting the hood and rolling up the sleeves. As previously mentioned, there are others experiencing the same issue. Clearly a significant bug in need of a fix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clearly a significant bug in need of a fix. 

If it is a bug, a chat or phone call isn’t going to fix it—I would drop back to an earlier version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately this did not resolve the issue, but I appreciate your assistance, Rob. 

I will be downgrading to old version 16.x of InD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I clicked around in the Help of the Adobe Creative Cloud app and found this:

More contact options
Call us
800-833-6687
Monday–Friday, 24 hours a day

Of course, this forum is a better choice. There are some very smart people here!
Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that info Mike. Happy Thxgvn!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having somewhat similar issues with solid color areas randomly appearing on the screen.  They aren't really there, just screen glitches, and if I scroll away and back they will disappear, but are quite annoying and happening frequently.

Not 100% sure what started the issue because I upgraded both Indesign to 2022 and my OS to Monterrey, and they are happening on both a brand new M1 iMac, and a 2018 MacBook Pro that I just updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines