• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Share & Review feature - Permission to access issue

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i'm just testing out the new Review feature in InDesign, which worked fine when i shared a document with a colleague. However, when my colleague shared a document with me i see the following 'Sorry, you don't have permission to access that' when i click on the email link to the document. Does it  have something to do with our Adobe ID's? We each have an Adobe CC license and therefore different ID's.

Review.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

The answer is: You can't.

My suggestion:
Do a feature request and post the link when done so that everyone who is interested in your case is able to vote for this.

Oh. Someone already did one and I voted:

Share for Review - Option to add multiple users as Owners.
Kevin W, June 24, 2020

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/suggestions/40741633-share-for-review-option-to-add-multiple-users-as

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly,

you cannot access the review someone else did with a different Adobe ID.

A distinct reviewing process identifies and links to exactly one single Adobe ID.

There is no mutual ownership.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe, thanks for your responce. Appologies for sounding a bit of a novice, but how can I make the Adobe ID the same for people in my team? Isn't their Adobe ID just their email address?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer is: You can't.

My suggestion:
Do a feature request and post the link when done so that everyone who is interested in your case is able to vote for this.

Oh. Someone already did one and I voted:

Share for Review - Option to add multiple users as Owners.
Kevin W, June 24, 2020

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/suggestions/40741633-sh...

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your help Uwe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not just that. The feature simply doesn't work. I've now tried to share for review to many people, some with Macs, some with PCs, some with Adobe products, and some without. Across the board NO ONE CAN ACCESS THE DOCUMENT. They all get the same message ahown above, regardless of whether they choose Apple or Google or Adobe to log in. By the way, those that have none of the above cannot review, even though a video showing how to use the feature displays a different looking welcome screen allowing invited guests access by just creating a temporary username. Sorry to say this (because I love Adobe) but they completely screwed the pooch on this one, releasing it without thoroughly testing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Amen. Almost every "sharing" amenity I've ever come across is a thinly veiled marketing pitch with no "sharing" until all buy the same program, Adobe no exception. This one is for enterprise only, not for single license folks earning a living.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines