Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

InDesign Share and Review

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Since the last Adobe update, we have noticed a few changes with the review and share process in InDesign. Prior to this update, the email addresses we shared the document with were able to view it and make comments straight away. However, it has now changed to them having to press on the 'Request Access' button even though we have directly shared this with the individuals. Is there a way to stop this from happening? Or will this need to be part of the share for review process moving forward.

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @default0j7kxpia7880, I see you haven't received any responses so sorry about that! Have you installed the latest version (16.4) yet? Please let us know if you are still having the same problem after the 16.4 update.

If you are using the "Invite Only" option, Adobe recommends that a reviewer creates an Adobe ID. Are the reviewers signing in with Adobe IDs and still getting the "Request Access" button? Also, are you receiving the request for access via email or CC app notification when they do ask for access so you can grant it? The only other option is to set the document to Public View and share the link with them individually via email or chat so they can access and sign in as a guest to comment. Please let us know if you've been able to solve the problem.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Unfortunately, the individuals we are sharing documents to review are now unable to get into the document at all. They are getting a notification advising that they need to switch accounts. We cannot grant access anymore to any of the staff we are sharing the documents with.

If they were to sign in as a guest, would this be something they would need to create every time?

Thanks,

Sonia Wadher

[PII removed by moderator]

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, What has Happened to Share for review?? One of the companies I work for uses it and it has been working great for a year, then last week, the wheels seem to have fallen of, I coume pack this week , some people can see my shares, some not, and it's eratic, sometime you can see the share, thenext one you can't. This problem is happening withing the business, and the freelancers too, It seemed everyone was having to switch from invite to public, but this is not working for everyone.

It's frankly no good enough ADOBE. I took 6 months to convince technophobs to try it, a year of using it and they are on board, now, it looks like we will be taking a step backwards if this can't be sorted.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2021 Oct 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would it be possible for you to share more information about the error or issues you or reviewers have in accessing the documents? Please share version of the OS & InDesign as well. We'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

We contacted Adobe multiple times to try sort this ongoing issue, however nothing was resolved. 

We did some internal testing and found if you share as a Public doc rather than 'Invite Only'. You will be asked to add a password, then you can copy the link and send the password securely to whoever needs to access for review.

Hope that helps. It has helped us a lot doing it this way. Let me know if you have any questions on sharing for review this way. Happy to help as I know it has been very frustrating being unable to use this function.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a similar issue my company has had with the share for review link in the last few weeks. The email link received by users to review shows a message saying they're either not logged in or don't have access. It does it to me also and I'm the document owner. My InDesign is up to date and all users reviewing have accounts and are logged in. The only way it seems to work is eventually after repeatedly refreshing or re-logging in or else it doesn't work at all awhile. Additionally, I get all sorts of different errors with share for review. Sometimes it won't update and I have to reshare a copy of the document. Other times, the dialog box won't load and the icon keeps spinning before I have to again make a new document copy to work around this. 

Is there a bug fix or is the share for review feature not reliable right now?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines