• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Share for Review - FAQ

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Share for Review in InDesign’s June 2020 release, you can share your designs for online review, and manage feedback right within the app. Stakeholders can open the shared document in a browser to provide feedback. Share for Review streamlines and simplifies the review process for both designers and their stakeholders 

workflow.png

The following FAQs provide clarity on common questions around Share for Review 

Share the document for review - FAQ

View reviewer comments - FAQ 

Review the document - FAQ

Best practices

How is Share for Review different from the ‘Integrated comment and review’ feature in InDesign CS5? How does it compare to the Import PDF Comments (IPC) feature?  

Adobe is investing in features and services that make creative collaboration easier and more enjoyable.  

With Share for Review, our aspiration is to make reviewing and editing InDesign creative more seamless, and address the following limitations in CS Review: 

• Requirement for a flash plugin to use this feature 
  • Lack of support for key features such as email notifications 
  • User challenges with feature discoverability 

Compared to Import PDF Comments (IPC), Share for Review reduces time by eliminating the need to create and share PDFs and collate the resulting feedback. We will be working to enhance the reviewing features and capabilities in Share for Review, which will soon help this tool surpass the experience of IPC, from end to end.   

Does Share for Review include text commenting capabilities? 

This first version of the feature allows you to provide feedback through the sticky note and pencil tools. We will continue to improve the experience, and we will soon incorporate more text commenting capabilities, including text highlight, text strikethrough, and the ability to accept text comments in a single click. 

Is this feature being introduced into InCopy?  

It is not. Instead, we’ll be making significant updates to InCopy by taking it to the Web to provide better collaboration capabilities. Stay tuned!    

What text capabilities do I have as a reviewer?  

As a reviewer, you will be able to highlight text, strikethrough text, and replace text corresponding to your comment. 

share-for-review-text-edit-tools-NFS.png

Let us know of any challenges, or questions you have for us around Share for Review and we’ll be happy to assist you. 

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Import and export , Performance , Publish online , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

This has worked for others:

1. Save any work and close all open
  2. Sign out of InDesign (Help > Sign out). This will cause indesign to quit.
  3. Launch InDesign again, at which point you should be prompted to sign in again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 412 Replies 412
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I like this feature; however, is there a way to compile the comments/print the comments? Without the ability to do this with the comments, it is difficult to reconcile/verify all comments have been resolved. There is a resolve button but this removes the comments from view. I need to be able to produce an audit trail for the comments.

Am I missing something? 

Any help is appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 01, 2022 Jan 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can kind of do what you want. In InDesign, the review panel is open, the bottom right you see a funnel icon. They call it a filter I think. Click it and you can filter and see the status resolved. 

Also, this info may help and videos may help. 1 video for sure has what I think you want. At least part of what you are looking for.

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/how-to/get-team-feedback-comments-real-time.html

All the best and good luck with your project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gamer girl?

THX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be helpful if reviews could have deadlines or a close date/time so reviewers can't add comments after the deadline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I absolutely agree.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help. My designer is using InDesign Share for Review for the first time ... and we're wondering if there's a simple way for her to accept my copy changes. I can't believe that she would have to manually type them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid the easiest way is to use copy and paste. It's far from ideal. The only other way is to use InCopy, which I've found to be a lot of hassle in my particular application. Let's hope Adobe's purchase of Figma starts to make this stuff easier soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

URL not working. SOLUTION: Use the link in incognito mode. 
It may be the cache in the browser. Coz if you clean the cache it loads perfectly again. Hope Adobe can solve this from their end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So incredibly frustrating that it's not possible to accept changes like in when importing PDF comments. I wasn't aware of this difference and now I'm regretting ever using this. Does anyone know if there's a way that I can download a shared file for review to a pdf with comments so I'm able to accept changes instead of copying and pasting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the link in incognito mode. You should be able to see comments this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've started using Share for Review for client proofs. Is there a formal approval feature that clients can check or indicate when the piece is approved for press? It seems like the most logical last step in the review process is a final approval. Maybe I'm missing it somehow.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

love the Feature but....in adobe InDesign, when I update the review,
The pinned notes my boss pind on the first review don't follow the pages, cuz i added 4 pages to the begining of the cattalog. So now all the notes are 4 pages behind and flowting in random space.... 
...how can adjust or fix this..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This feature is great and holds great promise, but practicality of use  from a quality assurance standpoint is low without the ability to export the review panel comments somehow, and retain markups through development of a large document and or a collection of documents.  Is anything in the works that will have the ability to export this review tab from indesign, or can this be incorportated into incopy as an additional ad on for the exporting notes? Or perhaps include a checkbox for including comments when you package an InDesign file? Any option to export the review panel would be very useful, and i am positive this would be useful to many more folks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines