• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Share for Review - No Highlights or Markers; Comments Only

Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Originally posted this issue here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/indesign-share-for-review-update-the-link-delete... 

I have an InDesign file for which I started a new Share for Review. My first reviewer made several comments that were all mapped to highlights and other markers. I received notices of the comments through the Creative Cloud and my e-mail just like I should. When I first accessed the file through the Creative Cloud Web Published tab, all of the comments and markers were there. However, when I opened my file in InDesign, most of the markers were gone - all I had were the comments. So I closed the file, closed InDesign, logged out of Creative Cloud, waited; logged back in to Creative Cloud, opened InDesign, opened the file - but still no markers.

I decided to make one of the edits to see if that changed anything. Referring to the Published (web) version that showed the highlight, I made the change to the InDesign file, replied to the comment, Saved (before anyone asks, I did not Save As), and updated the link. Alas... Not only did that NOT solve the problem in InDesign, now the Published (web) version was missing its markers, too. I refreshed the web page - no luck. I closed InDesign and refreshed the web page again - no luck. I closed everything, logged out of Creative Cloud, restarted my computer - no luck.

My InDesign file is 18 pages with a dozen comments and two linked graphics and I've only shared it with two people. The really worrying thing is that this file is the start of a much bigger project for my team. We will be revising several booklets ranging from 18 to 75 pages and sharing them with up to a dozen reviewers. We really need Share for Review to work correctly to meet our deadlines for this project.

This is a huge problem for us and, if it's not resolved, it may be a deal-breaker for our boss, who might never allow us to use Share for Review again because it's so unreliable. Please help!

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been ten days since I reported this issue, but I haven't received a response of any kind from Adobe.

This issue is still happening, so I would really appreciate a response.

My team was finally upgraded to InDesign 17.3 last week, but I didn't see any change in the file I referenced in my last post. In an effort to eliminate any chance that something saved before the update was causing the issue, I deleted that Share for Review and used Save As to replace the InDesign file itself so I could start over with a clean slate.

I started a new Share for Review with two reviewers - here's what happened:

1. They successfully used all of the marking tools - pin, highlight, strikethrough, replace, and draw a shape - and typed comments to go with every mark they made. Good.
  2.  I received notices from the Creative Clound that comments were made. Good.
  3.  I viewed the published file through the Creative Cloud Web - I could see all markers and comments. Good.
  4.  I opened the file in InDesign, then opened the Review window so I could see the markers and comments and start editing. All of the comments were there, but some of the highlights were missing and some of the markers were out of place. Not Good. Bad. Fail. Why doesn't this work correctly?

I have attached screen shots so you can see the difference between the two versions.

This is the same problem I reported ten days ago, so the upgrade to 17.3 did not fix the issue.

Can someone please tell me if this issue is being worked on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a follow up to my post from yesterday.

After reporting missing highlights and misplaced editing marks yesterday, I moved on to editing today.

I used the the published version as a cross-reference to my InDesign comments window so I could see what edits needed to be made.

I made the indicated edits and entered additional comments.

During this very slow and cumbersome process, I made sure not to Save or update the link until I was completely finished because I was pretty sure saving the changes and updating the link woud transfer the missing/misplaced markers to the published version.

I was 100% correct.

Everything that was wrong with the Share for Review markers in my InDesign view was now transferred to the Published view.

I have attached a screen shot of the same page views from yesterday so whoever finally reviews this can see exactly what's happening.

I still haven't heard anything from anyone at Adobe.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the fourth post I've made about this issue, which is still happening.

My boss keeps asking if I have any news on this and I keep having to say no.

Could someone from Adobe please respond?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the absence of any type of response from Adobe, my team decided to conduct a new Share for Review test with a different InDesign file. We've been commenting and editing for a week with mixed results. At first, things went pretty well and we only lost one highlight of a large block of text while retaining the comment; all other markers stayed in place.

But something happened on 06/27/22: every highlight and strikethrough made by one team-member disappeared - just the way I outlined in my previous posts. I don't know why this would suddenly happen when it had been working fairly well for several days. Should we not have used Share for Review on a Monday?

Seriously, this issue is so unpredictable I'm ready to believe just about anything.

I honestly don't know what's going to happen when we start on the real project and share eight multi-page files with a dozen different users. I wish I could say I had high hopes, but our tests (this is the third one) tell us it will be a crap-shoot at best.

Adobe, please read my posts and let me know something - anything - about this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues on two shared for review PDF documents out of InDesign right now. One is a 100-page publication with multiple reviewers. I would love to hear a solution as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My team decided to proceed with our project. We started Share for Review with five booklets, shared with a dozen users. The reviewers added markers and made comments, and I started editing this week. Editing went fairly well with four of the booklets; with only a few glitches in the markers and comments between the published view and the InDesign view, I was able to edit the files and update the links.

Alas, this stretch of good luck did not last.

When I opened the fifth file, which is the longest booklet in this group at 35 pages, it was the same issue I described above - the published view had all markers and comments, but the InDesign view showed only the comments. No amount of shutting down and reopening or restarting has made any difference. My earlier tests around this issue proved that if I proceed with editing, save, and update the link, all markers will be lost; so we're essentially dead in the water on this booklet.

Does anyone know how I can get the published view to accurately communicate the markers to the InDesign view? We're on a dealine so I need to complete the editing, but I can't proceed because my team and our reviewers all need to be able to see the markers so we know what has been edited. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Sarah Bundy24253010otvx ,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble and for the delay in response. This could be a sync issue, so could you please try the suggestions shared here https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/resolve-share-for-review.html 

There are troubleshooting steps listed there, please try those steps in the listed sequence and let us know if that solves the issue or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried all of the suggestions listed, including uninstalling and reinstalling, but nothing worked. Everything is the same as it was before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines