• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign share for review, update the link, deletes comments

Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a document that I've shared for review. Reviewers commented, I made changes and I update the share link. 

It refreshes the document with the new version, but when it does that, it deletes all the comments! I need the unresolved comments to remain on the outstanding issues. 

1. How do I make it not do this?
2. How do I get my comments back?

TOPICS
Feature request , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Comments have now been restored on all known impacted documents - 5618 in total. If your comments have not yet been restored, please reach out to me directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Comments have now been restored on many of the impacted documents. Know we are still actively working to restore the remainder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Comments have now been restored on all known impacted documents - 5618 in total. If your comments have not yet been restored, please reach out to me directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kirk, this happened to me this morning, are you able to restore a document?
Is this issue being addresses, it seems to have been raised a few months ago? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@adobekirk please could you take a look at a similar issue I just posted? I would like to be able to access the previous version of a review before updating as now all of the comments are not in the right place so my team can't action them properly.. I realise I should've known this before updating the link! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kirk, this happened to me this morning, are you able to restore my document reviews? I've been applying their reviews to my document for a while now, but now I don't see it in either the InDesign file or the web browser app!
Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2023 Jul 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share more detail on exactly what happened and what your current state is? It sounds like you are no longer able to see one or more reviews, whereas this thread was about missing comments in intact reviews. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2023 Jul 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a language learning book. I am adding English explanations to this book. For this, I shared the link to the author on InDesign Share for Review and he added all his comments. I finished 80% of the book. There was no problem the day before. When I opened the file to work the next day, the comments were all gone. The link was like the first time I shared it. Since Review works very slowly in InDesign, I generally continued to work through the browser. I used it without updating it even though I completed the reviews. I can't see reviews either in InDesign or on the browser.

Thank you for responding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what's the fix? This started happening to my InDesign & Illustrator review links over the last 6 months. I can create an Illustrator link, leave the document open, update the link - and come back 20 minutes later to find the review link gone. This is after I spent months hyping up your review feature to leadership, trying to get them in the habit of using it. Now I have to send link after link after link, or PDFs attached to emails which was what I was trying to avoid in the first place. Surely the fix isn't "contact us". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Can you share a few more details like:

-The version of InDesign & OS.

-Does updating the link removes the comment or the link gets deleted?

-Is this happening with a specific file or multiple files?

-Where are the files saved? Locally or any network or shared drive?

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am experiencing a big issue with the review feature.

I shared my client a link to review a document, I received notifications that they left comments but I can't view it neither in the indesign file neither in the webbroser app!

Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ask Adobe Support Chat about it. And if they help you - tell us what they do.

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Remy24507381fvfp, Adobe is aware of the issue and engineers are working to resolve this as soon as possible. Please see this thread for updates.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/indesign-share-for-review-update-the-link-delete...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar issue where I received a notification of a comment, but it didn't display in InDesign. However, it was in the Creative Cloud (web) version. I closed InDesign, logged out of the Creative Cloud, waited a few minutes, then logged back in. When I opened Indesign, the comment was there. Maybe that will work for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sad to report that what worked last week does not work this week.

I have a different InDesign file for which I started a new Share for Review. My first reviewer made several comments that were all mapped to highlights and other markers. I received notices of the comments through the Creative Cloud and my e-mail just like I should. When I first accessed the file through the Creative Cloud Web Published tab, all of the comments and markers were there. However, when I opened my file in InDesign, most of the markers were gone - all I had were the comments. So I followed the same steps I outlined above - closed the file, closed InDesign, logged out of Creative Cloud, waited; logged back in to Creative Cloud, opened InDesign, opened the file - but still no markers.

I decided to make one of the edits to see if that changed anything. Referring to the Published (web) version that showed the highlight, I made the change to the InDesign file, replied to the comment, Saved (before anyone asks, I did not Save As), and updated the link. Alas... Not only did that NOT solve the problem in InDesign, now the Published (web) version was missing its markers, too. I refreshed the web page - no luck. I closed InDesign and refreshed the web page again - no luck. I closed everything, logged out of Creative Cloud, restarted my computer - no luck.

My InDesign file is 18 pages with a dozen comments and two linked graphics and I've only shared it with two people. The really worrying thing is that this file is the start of a much bigger project for my team. We will be revising several booklets ranging from 18 to 75 pages and sharing them with up to a dozen reviewers. We really need Share for Review to work correctly to meet our deadlines for this project.

If this is not related to the issue first reported in this thread, please make it a new issue. This is a huge problem for us and, if it's not resolved, it may be a deal-breaker for our boss, who might never allow us to use Share for Review again because it's so unreliable. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue!

the main user intiated the share and review for me to provide comments. the Main user then does not see the comments on the share and review nor on the indd file. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. The work flow in the process does not help at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Will it be possible for you to share the link with us? If yes, please share the link and the password if applied through a DM by clicking on my name. Could you also confirm the exact version of InDesign and the Operating System? We'll try our best to assist you with this.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue!

it happened to me yesterday

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same to me today!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I was working in the browser/CreativeCloud "Share for review" tab.  The exact same thing happened to me, having all the comments in the document disappear. In my case, I didnt even updated the link from inside InDesign. I had the reviewed document open on one screen, indesign on the second screen and were working trough the comments. I resolved comments on 14 pages out of 48 when suddenly all comments dissappeared. I can´t even see the one i marked as resolved.

Is there any way to get all the comments back? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resolved comments can seem to disappear, but resolved comments are still present with the document even though resolved comments are not displayed by default. To display resolved comments, one has to click on the filter icon in the lower right hand corner of the commenting panel. Clicking the filter icon will bring up the filter panel, which includes a section called "Status" and a button labeled "Resolved." Toggle the "Resolved" button to show / hide (filter / unfilter) the resolved comments on the document. There is a screenshot of the filter panel here: https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/review-indesign-document.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kirk. I am 100 % aware of this, thank you. The problem is that ALL comments are gone. That includes not resolved comments, and even the comments marked as resolved is gone when I filter to see only resolved comments. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, okay. Were there any recent changes with how you sign in to Adobe? For example, do you now have more options when you sign-in, like a list of profiles/organizations? 

Also, can you DM me the URL *without* giving me access to it? I want to check some backend settings on the access to the content and I can do without ever seeing the content itself. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again. Thanks for your time.

There dont seem to be any changes on how I login. I dont see any list of profiles/organisations. I log in with email and password like I always used to do. My email is connected to an organisation/team tho.

Its wierd because i never experienced this before and i create "link for review" within indesign almost twice a week for different projects.

How can I share the URL with you, without giving you access to the content as youre asking for?

Med vänliga hälsningar

Dennis Lindblad

Formgivare

Roxx Communication Group

E-post dennis.lindblad@roxx.se Telefon 0492-793 09<>

Box 164, 598 23 Vimmerby | www.roxx.se<>

Skickat från mobil.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the URL that you shared privately. We are looking at the comment data. One more question: how many comments were there previously? I see 4 comments there today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Thank you. 

Im not sure about the number of comments but near a 100 comments would not be a lie. 

I think the 4 comments showing today is added at a time after the first (lets say 100) comments dissappeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines