• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign slow to open and links showing up glitchy

Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! I'm on a MacBook pro with the latest system software and latest Indesign. Indesign is taking 15 minutes or MORE to open and when it does, many of my links in the document are appearing glitchy. (and it's not a large document). I have the system equirements for Indesign and plenty of disk space. I reset my preferences. I'm now wondering if I should try reinstalling (?). Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have such behaviour only with that one document or with all? 

Did you have normal work of ID before? What you do before that ID have such slow work?

Did you try to heal your publication by save as idml, open this idml and save with new name indd?

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All ID documents are having these issues. It seems to have started after the last update to ID. Prior to this I was not having any issues. I have not tried the latter (save as idml) but will now, thank you. I don't want to have to start doing this to each document, any long-term solutions that would work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>  after the last update to ID. 

Ok, did you try to downgrade to the previous version?

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't but I will. Thank you George for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having similar issues since the last update - I have reinstalled and its still happening

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much RAM do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Derek, I have 16 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too, InDesign has just crashed again, opened the document I was working on about 60pp and the text on the page I was editing has disappeared - all I was doing was applying a style to three words

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMHO, it's time to disturb Adobe Support Chat about your problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @alexl21251204

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Please try the suggestions shared here https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/crash-on-launch.html and let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines