• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Solid 100k black become transparent when there is an object with effects

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed my 100K black become transparent when there is a drop shadow object. It shows up in exported pdf and print. The same thing happened with any object effects, inner shadow, outer glow, feather ... 

I did find a temporary solution to change the 100K to rich black and the transparency disappeared in print.

Or if I change the transparency blend space to RGB and the problem went away. I created the document as a print document and used all CMYK colors, why do I have to change the transparency blend space to RGB? 

I never noticed I have to do that before. Is there something wrong with my InDesign setting? 
Please help, thanks!

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Koko Chanel , For print don’t set the blend space to RGB, build a CMYK rich black for large black fills. Offset inks are somewhat transparent, so if you overprint CMYK black only the colors below will show through on press. InDesign is accurately soft proofing a black overprint. The amount of ink transparency depends on the document’s CMYK profile assignment—black on an uncoated sheet will be more transparent than on a coated sheet, and the profile assignments will soft proof the appearance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines