• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign spinning wheel on every click. Can't work!

Explorer ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using InDesign 2021 & 2022. It is constantly "Not responding" using both versions. I can't get anything done. This has been going on for months. Since purchasing this iMac with the M1 chip. Actually I've been experiencing issues with InDesign since before this new iMac was purchased. I purchased it to try and stop the issues thinking it was the older Mac I had that was causing the problems. But that seems not to be the case.

I open InDesign and then try to open a magazine file and it immedietly hangs up. Every click causes the spinning wheel to appear and then I get the "application not responding" message. I've restarted 3 times this moring and it is still happening. I really am hating Adobe right now. 

Screen Shot 2022-05-16 at 10.53.43 AM.png

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Sounds frustrating.

Here's a few things you can try that might get you back on track

Try resetting your preferences:
The easiest way to reset everything is to delete the InDesign preferences: as soon as InDesign starts to boot hold down Shift, Alt, Ctrl (and Apple/Cmd if working on a Macintosh). A dialog will appear asking to delete the InDesign Preferences, select 'Yes' on this dialog.
Further info and instructions here if needed:
https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/indesign-preferences-support-file-locations.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds frustrating.

Here's a few things you can try that might get you back on track

Try resetting your preferences:
The easiest way to reset everything is to delete the InDesign preferences: as soon as InDesign starts to boot hold down Shift, Alt, Ctrl (and Apple/Cmd if working on a Macintosh). A dialog will appear asking to delete the InDesign Preferences, select 'Yes' on this dialog.
Further info and instructions here if needed:
https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/indesign-preferences-support-file-locations.html

----

Reinstalling rarely fixes everything - you can do a complete reinstall using the
Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

---

There's also a list of things to try here

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behavior...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same issue and nothing seems to help. I disabled changes tracking, I trashed the preferences, I reinstalled Indesign and NOTHING. The application lags for minutes, can't work! This is ridiculous! What can cause the problem? Fonts? Links? Can someone help? I need to be able to work normally. This is utterly frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@dip Try to create a clean new user account and work from there. Will it make a difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines