• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign stuck on loading in touch mode

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a fresh install of Indesign CC and when I try to open the app it displays the splash screen as expected, but then gets stuck on loading what looks like the touch mode view, however, I do not have a tablet or other touch screen device connected and I don't intend on using touch mode. I tried uninstalling, restarting my computer, and then reinstalling followed by the same issue. Thanks in advance for anything helpful!

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but unfortunately nothing on the screen is clickable while it's stuck in loading 😕 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a thread of similar problems. The solution seems to depend on the kind of device. See if any of these work for you:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/indesign-stuck-in-quot-touch-quot-workspace-on-f...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. While the 'fixes' in that thread don't seem to be working for me, I do appreciate your help in finding this thread, because it is exactly the issue I'm encountering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @MoonsideKid,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with touch mode in InDesign. Would you mind trying the steps suggested in this post as well: https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/how-to-disable-touch-workspace-on-indesign-cc/m-... and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines