I am working in an Indesign file and after every edit I make it takes an incredibly long time to load. It is not saving automatically and has linked text across 16 pages. I am not sure if it's the linked text but I have worked in much larger files so I don't think it's an issue with the computer. The file I am working on is saved on a server, but I saved a copy of the file locally and ran into the same loading issues. I have also changed the settings to give me the fastest performance but that still hasn't solved the issue.
Does anyone have thoughts on what the problem could be?
That certainly is not normal. Can you give us a little bit more information?
1. I am running version 18.2.1
2. I am running on a Dell Latitude 5580 w/16gb Ram and a 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
3. I have 100+gbs of free space
4. It is happening with a few files from the same book.
5. There are a lot of GREP styles applied to the text but they are all pretty much the same style
6. This has been going on with the same file for a week now. It started after I copy and pasted some text into the document and added it to the linked text.
Copy link to clipboard
Ok, so maybe some corruption in the file? Let's start with saving the file, and then saving a copy of file as.idml (InDesign Markup Language). Close the original file and open the .idml file. Save it again as a regular .indd file but with unique name (not overwriting the original) as an .indd file. Does that straighten it out?
Here are some additional ideas to try. Note that if all fails, you can send the file to Adobe for review to firstname.lastname@example.org, shown at the bottom of the page. https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/troubleshoot-file-issues.html