• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign taking minutes to open files on new Mac Studio - Font Explorer Pro issue?

Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I've just migrated to a new Mac Studio. I've reinstalled my CC programs so they're the Silicon versions. InDesign is taking forever to open files, minutes at a time, and when they eventually open it gives an error message that Font Explorer Pro can't be found or that there is no license, which isn't the case. The app is installed and licensed. I'm using V6.0.9 of FEP, V4.0.0 of the FEP plugin for InDesign, and V17.4 of InDesign. Has anyone else experienced this?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many active fonts do you have in FEP?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

798, which sounds like a lot but most of those are the ridiculous amount of system fonts Apple insists on with their current OS. I run a pretty tight ship with font activation as I've upgraded from a 2014 Mac Mini which was pretty slow so I kept font activation to a minimum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Please try the suggestions shared here https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behavior... and let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but none of those have helped. The issue is when I open a file that requires a font that's not currently active. It's as if the request to activate it is causing the issue? I think it might be because I accidentally downloaded V7 of FEP, which I don't have a license for. I uninstalled it when I realised I needed the earlier version. But maybe InDesign is now looking for V7 first and not finding it? I've tried trashing FEP and starting again but it's not helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to contact the Fex support? (even is the product is discontinued)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've tried yes. There's a link on their 'help' page that says 'get in touch with our support team' but it just links to their generic contact page for Monotype. I got in touch with them but someone from sales replied. I've also DM'd them on Twitter but have yet to receive a reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines