• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Template from Adobe stock not working properly

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the template from the adobe stock site (#326148964).
And the problems began. The program crashes with the most basic operations: Creation of new styles, copy-paste, and in truth many others. Sometimes at the very opening.
I no longer know what to do.
I restored the original preferences.
I saved the file several times from scratch.
I tried to paste it to another document, but it doesn't work and crashes when copying anything.
I updated all software.
Any ideas?
I'm already starting to be very frustrated 😞

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt that it is the template that gets your program crashing. As soon as I can, I will try the asset. In the meantime, could you tell us your OS and version and your Indesign version?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, it's the file. See my post below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the most recent version of Adobe InDesign? If not please update and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay. I've licensed and tried out this asset and I can't find a problem with this. You really should answer my question about your OS and version and the InDesign version. Meanwhile, I will move this thread to the InDesign forum, where you may find a helping hand.

Abambo_0-1666354466384.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Abamo, thank you for all the answers, and sorry for  my delay. Two sick kids so I'm a bit offline these days 😞

I'm working on Windows 11 Home, InDesign 2023 18.0.

I did all the updates of OS and Adobe.

I just try again with simple operations and again the same problems 😕 I can't copy + past, no option to create new styles... and many others... I'm really lost 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @mariak59082263,

We are sorry to hear you're experiencing an issue while opening the asset file from Adobe Stock into InDesign. It looks like a template-specific issue. The template is crashing at our end on both windows 10 and 11 machines. Could you please also check if you're able to open this template on the previous version of InDesign?

We will try our best to investigate.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks, it crash on absolutely everything. Older Versions, Mac & Windows 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the confirmation. We will express the concern to our Stock team about this template issue and request that they make the appropriate changes to the template.

Thank you for highlighting it here.

Regards,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I download another random template of the same artist, and all was good and working, so it's this file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any chance I can "give it back" somehow and get back my credit?

This one as we agree is useless 

Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mariak59082263 wrote:

Any chance I can "give it back" somehow and get back my credit?

This one as we agree is useless 

Thank you 

Maybe @Vani_100 can help with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded that template and I can only say that it's garbage. Every single thing I tried with it crashed InDesign 2022 and 2023 on Windows 11. There are absolutely no paragraph or character styles so everything is manually styled. I tried to save as IDML and I got a file that didn't even have the manual styling. I don't know why Adobe insists on selling these dumbed-down InDesign files on Adobe Stock.

I'm not seeing this with other files I've opened so it's something in the way this thing was built.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ufff really big thanks! 

I thought I'm the only one getting crazy here 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it did not crash my computer (strange: Windows 10, InDesign 17.x, I did update to 18 just after trying the asset, but I did not test the asset again), but yes, I can confirm that the asset is quite useless. An experienced InDesign user could have set-up something better in a few minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @mariak59082263,

I'm sorry you and others are having an issue with this file. I'll send this to our content review team to evaluate and I've granted you a replacement license so you can choose a different file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @WendellaBee,

How did the content review team go?

2 years later and I've just bought this template to find all these same issues, leading me here. Were any solutions ever come up with?

I'm on Mac OS Sonoma 14.3.1

InDesign 19.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines