• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Text Printing Incorrectly When Exported to PDF

New Here ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having issues when I convert my document from InDesign into a PDF and then print it. The PDF file looks fine but when I print, the text is either bold or outlined and slightly fuzzy. 

However, when I create my document in Microsoft Word and export to a PDF and print, it looks great. I like the features that InDesign has but I have tried all sorts of things to fix this printing or exporting issue and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I don't understand why the font looks different when I print the PDF than how it looks on the screen.

TOPICS
Import and export , Print , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is occuring with only text on the page, no graphics or other objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Analise29353233wnwt,

Thank you for trying the suggestion shared by our experts on the post. Could you please tell us if it's happening with all files or with a specific file? Is it possible for you to share the InDesign file with me over a private message so that we can check on our end? Have you tried printing from any other printer to check?

Please share the version of InDesign and the details of your operating system.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Analise29353233wnwt,

Hope you're doing well!

We would like to follow up on your issue. Are you able to resolve the issue by following our expert advice? Please feel free to update the discussion with the solution that helped you or if you need further assistance from us.

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines