• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign text wrap buggy; changes when grouping or other irrelevant changes

Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two items are on a page over a text frame. Both items have the same text wrap setting. If I group the two items together, it shouldn't effect the text flow beneathe, and yet it does.

Also, if I move one of the text boxes or change it's text wrap setting by one point, the text reflows, which is to be expected. But when I change the text flow setting back by that one point, or move it back manually by that one point, the text wrap DOESN'T CHANGE BACK. It only does that when I use undo to set things back.

What crazy setting am I missing here? It seems like grouping or moving a text box is performing some other unseen function that I can't change back manually, but can only fix with undo. Anybody else have this happen?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James:

I have not. Can you please tell us what version of InDesign you are using and what OS, and have you confirmed that the text wrap is only on the two items within the group and not on the group itself?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mac OS 10.15.7

InDesign 16.4

So if two ungrouped items have an identical text wrap setting, how does InDesign treat this when you group them together? Does the group acquire a new text wrap that differs from the individual wraps? The groups itself didn't exist as a group until I grouped the two separate frames, so it didn't have an applied wrap itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines