Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

indesign to fixed layout epub

Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello fellow InDesign experts,

I keep running into errors with indesign not creating a ncx file when creating fixed layout epubs for children's books.

As I understand it the ncx file is related to the TOC. I have selected from "file name" or "Multi-level TOC Style" or "bookmarks" but cannot get an NCX file to generate. Please help.

Screen Shot 2019-07-03 at 2.48.39 PM.png

Finally, the online stores are denying uploads saying: "this is missing an NCX file and this must be in the epub, and they are encrypted, which is more than likely being caused by the embedded fonts, as those usually have to be encrypted."

Do embedded fonts actually cause epubs to become encrypted and if so, how can I get around this as the fonts are absolutely necessary to a children's picture book.

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Moved from generic Cloud/Setup forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to InDesign EPUB forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

I'm having the same problem as heather had stated in the above comment. Im using Indesign CC and trying to export a fixed layout EPUB file for Draft2Digital that will distribute my book out and my file is being rejected to no NCX file attached and encrypted fonts.. Were you able to solve this problem for her?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Derek, did you ever solve this issue? I'm running into the exact same thing with D2D.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines