Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign to HTML for email signature

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I have built an email signature for my client in InDesign, but when I export to HTML all of the elements line up centered top to bottom instead of laying out how I set it up in the file. Any advice on how to correct this?

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign is not even close to the right tool for this. If you insist on using it, you'll have to write your own CSS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

I had not noticed the option in previous versions so I thought it was a new feature. I've been paying someone to make the signaures in the past. What platform do you suggest I use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty much any modern email client has signature or template abilities and composes in email-compatible HTML. I use Thunderbird with Signature Switch to maintain a number of different styled sigs, for example.

If you just want to write an HTML snippet for someone else's template or paste-in, I suppose you could use Dreamweaver, but it's a very small amount of simple code and could be written in Notepad (or Notepad++) and proofed with a browser.

Using a high-end composition tool for email is... pretty overpowered and complicated. IMHO.

â•Ÿ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) â•¢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I'm not explaining what I am looking for correctly.

I paid a service to create an HTML email signaure for me. He sent me a file, which I opened in Safari. I copied/pasted the code in Gmail and it maintained the formatting and links. I'm looking to create this now for my clients. 

I have very limited code experience so I was hoping for a program that allowed me to design the signaure and it would create the code for me. Maybe that does not exist?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Then let me put this to rest. InDesign is not the right tool and this forum is for InDesign specific questions and issues.

I suggest you get back to whoever did the original version and ask them for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines