• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign to MS Word letterhead HELP

Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is an ongoing nightmare for most of us, but I figured Id ask anyways..

I designed a branded letterhead in InDesign for the company I work for. They need to add the text whenever needed to the body of the document. Thus not editing the design, but adding their desired copy.

I have made a letterhead that works using headers and footers and adjusting the margins to make sure the copy only goes on the white paper and not the letterhead footer/ header designed elements.

However i now need to make a document with a title in the header that needs to be changed depending on the document need.
I cant seem to find anyway to do this.

Text cant overlay on the header and have the graphic stay locked, regardless what my margins are, and then the watermark is moveable and isnt client editing proof. I just need the header to be locked and the 1 line of 'title' adjustable and ontop of the header, and all other copy can be placed below the header (within margins)
Any help or ideas are out there id appreciate them.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless I misread you, this is entirely a Word issue. Nothing you do in InDesign is going to affect what you export and lay into Word for all further editing.

Word is positively lousy at fixed and background images; even getting a logo to stay in place for a live letterhead is a headache and any dumb-bunny administrative assistant can delete the wrong thing and make a carefully placed image and address text go sailing.

However, since I am currently working in the same netherworld of trying to apply Adobe standards to a Word workforce, I can at least suggest this: anchor the imported image etc. to the first element in the header. Then create a style within the header for this line of text, and put a placeholder slug in it ("YOUR HEADER HERE" or something more dignified).

In theory, users need only double-click into that header text, edit it, then get the heck out and continue writing the body copy below.

And in theory, Word can use styles. But that's another fairy tale. 😛

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is an ongoing nightmare for most of us, but I figured Id ask anyways..

By @designb10020503

I'm sorry if I'm missing something but what does this have to do with InDesign? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It doesnt directly but i was hoping someonehere could give some ideas with my problem  as the MS forms are filled with non designers and no idea of the headache im referring. I only put it here because i had to pick a program to make a post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines