Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign UI renders over size on secondary monitor

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have an unusual bug. My setup is a new 16" MBP M1, and I'm using an LG 5K monitor for my secondary screen. When I launch indesign, it will open up with a giant looking UI. Everything is massively scaled up. However, if i unplug my screen, quit indesign, then relaunch it just on the laptop screen, then reconnect the monitor, it will now look the correct size. This problem is independent of the new UI scaling tool, i've tried that. Besides, it's like comically big.

TL:DR I think when indesign is launching, its reading the dimensions of my laptop screen, then scaling it up to my larger secondary monitor.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why do you think that?

I've a 2012 Mac and a Dell 2nd monitor and some mornings when I boot up (not related to any other software) the UI on the 2nd screen is massive.

I reboot and it's back to normal. It doesn't bother me enough to look into it further.

It could be something to do with InDesign.

Have you contacted LG Support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines