• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Update an Old Share for Review Link

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I created a "Share for Review" link for a client and today they got back to me with comments on the link itself.

Today, after editing, I created a new "Share for Review" link but found out that the new link does not have the history of previous reviews from the previous links.

Now, since I created a new link, I can no longer update the old "Share for Review" link. I don't want to give them the new link because the review notes aren't there.

Is there any way to update the old link instead? 

TOPICS
Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing the version of the OS & InDesign? Do you see this behavior with a specific file? Would it be possible for you to check the similar behavior with another document? This information would help us assist you accordingly.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashutosh,

It's a shame your message went to spam and I'm just seeing this now. It's been a while, and the apps and my OS may have updated since then. But here are my OS and app version:

macOS Big Sur 11.6
Adobe InDesign 2021 16.4

I tried doing the same on a new file just now and I'm still encountering the same issue—

When I create a new review link, the responses to the old review link do not get imported to the new review link. And after that, there's no way to update the old review link.

Hope that makes sense. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The same happened to me. Is there a fix for this? Want to maintain the notes and not have to create a new link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines