• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign using up all of my memory on my MAC retina

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to say I am appalled at the state of what Adobe has become - MEAN, NASTY and GREEDY

I used to love all of my Adobe products. Now there is no one to talk to because....No one cares about anyone anymore. Ther eis no techincal support only empty articles you have to read forever and emty robot chats that don't help. I am so glad I am an artist because I can freely draw without all this crap and I am getting hired to freely draw without Adobe. Phew!

I subsribe to this Adobe Creative Suite, and it used it cost 35 when they turned to subscription  - now its almost $60. It HOGS UP ALL OF MY MEMORY ON MY MAC. Kills it actually. No live help to help me srot it out - nothing - NADA. SOmeone is getting rich and it ain't me.

I can't wait to tell all the young artist NOT to use this program. They can create beautifully without it.

Thanks for no help Adobe and no live nice person to chat with anymore. Look at the world we have created, it will only get worse when no one lokos at anyone anymore or connects, BYE...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you came to rant, I hope you feel better. If you want help, please tell us what the problem is and include full system details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lol - I do feel better, someone actually looked at my message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bermudatoons_0-1656607145317.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your system can go to 32 GB RAM. I would fill it up.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nowhere do you state how many RAM your machine has, so there is nothing we can help with. Is it Intel with 64 gb? M1 with 8 gb? That kind of things matter of course...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bermudatoons_0-1656607227325.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

8GB? i5? 8-year-old computer?

Rant all you want but unless you stake the steps to at least upgrade the RAM you're in for a world of pain using any of the CC applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rant, this is after endless hours of readung and paying, and this is what I get, a slap saying I am ranting, yah you are right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There you have it, your have a total of only 8 gb on an intel i5. 8 gb for os, apps and InDesign. No wonder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the Windows platform is a lot more.. predictable and stable from my experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not with an eight year old processor and 8 GB of RAM and that's coming from a full time Windows user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines