• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign v 16.2.1 crashing randomly on Big Sur 11.4

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! I have a massive publishing project ive just started to work on with a really tight deadline and im having some major issues when using InDesign. Firstly I thought it might be the document I was working on but ive tried creating several other new documents and all have encountered the same issues. InDesign first crashed when I used the eye dropper tool to try and apply a new colour to text, I then reopened the file and tried again and the same thing happend. I then opened a brand new document and tried again and the same thing happened. So I resolved that I would avoid using the eye dropper tool if I could for this project but then out of the blue InDesign crashed seemingly for no reason and now I have serious concerns on whether I can deliver this project if its going to be an on going issue. Has anyone else had problems simlar to these recently? I know there is a new version of InDesign being rolled out but its not appeared on my App update yet and I also dont know if it addresses any of these issues. Im feeling pretty stressed about this so if anyone can share any advice i'd really REALLY appreciate it 🙂

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the crashing. Could you please share some more details, like

• Operating system
    • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently.
    • Some reports are coming from other users whose applications are crashing while they were on a Zoom call or similar application running simultaneously. Are you using any such applications?

Also, you may try the steps suggested on this page (https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behavior-of-indesign...) and let us know how it goes.

Feel free to let us know if you still need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anshul, 

Thanks so much for getting back to me. 

The operating system is macOS Big Sur 11.4. 

Indesign crashed on me last week but I thought it was a one of and havent really done to much within the program until today when its crashed numerous times. The only change is I installed the Monotype web extension a few weeks back, Ive just tried to uninstall it but its still showing as an extension in the Adobe apps - do you know how I can delete this altogether? Would be good to rule it out as part of the problem. 

Im not running any other applications except Adobe applications (Illustrator/Photoshop). No zoom calls or anything similar to this. 

Thanks so much for your help, really appreciate it!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry for the delayed response. I recommend updating InDesign to v16.3.2, which contains multiple bug fixes and performance improvements.

If InDesign crashes randomly after the update, let us know. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines