Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Indesign V 18.0. : Pasting text from outside program loses correct font size

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.) Writing my 12 book in Indesign and have never has this happen before.  The book is a reference book.  I paste a photo, then copy text from excel, paste the text under photo in Indesign. I have repeated this process around 900 time so far and all has been fine.  Text from excel remained proper font type and size. 

THEN ... 

2.) I copied a text box heading that was font size 32 within the Indesign document, and pasted it on the next page.  When I retruned to excel and copied the 12 pt. text like I have done hundreds of times so far, every thing I now copy pastes in Indesign in font size 32. ? 

3.) If I copy from Word, Notpad, Emails - anywhere I copy text from now only pastes in Indesign at a default 32pt.  However - if I copy text from within the Indesign document  and paste it to another Indesign page - it works fine. Thus I don't think it is a clipboard setting problem. 

4.) I opened the document on another computer in the office running the exact same program and it does the same thing - default to 32pt. So it seems the issue is within the document itself, not a program setting. (?) 

I have no clue what caused this - or how to undo whatever was done. I am at a total loss after 2 days of tryting to figure it out.  Any help would most graciously be appreciated!    Thanks - Jim 

TOPICS
Bug , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

You select the default font family and size when there are no objects selected in the document. Choose the Type tool, and in the Control panel select your defaults. Those will be used when you paste into the document.

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last sentence that  I accidentally omitted in my original post:  I narrowed it down that the font size issue when I paste has to do with the default text box font size - is this correct ? and if so - how can I change the default?  Thanks. Jim  

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You select the default font family and size when there are no objects selected in the document. Choose the Type tool, and in the Control panel select your defaults. Those will be used when you paste into the document.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am sure my question probably seemed silly and very basic - but you honestly have made my day!  Thank you so much for taking the time to reply.  I now have my font size 12 back and am one_happy_camper.  Have a great day! 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines