• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign v16.3.2 crashing when exporting PDF

Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime I go to export a file to PDF in InDesign v16.3.2 the whole program crashes. Is anyone else having this issue? It's just started happening in the last few days...but now I can't export a PDF at all.

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Oh, bless you!! I had already reinstalled both ID and Acrobat, to no avail. So I just reset the preferences. BINGO! That appears to have done the trick. Thank you so much. I was really going nuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. What OS and version do you use?
  2. What processor does your computer have?
  3. Did you use Postscript in cour file (T1 fonts or EPS)? Avoid postscript.
  4. Does it happen if you export single files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

macOS Catalina version 10.15.7, Processor: 3.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5. I've been running tests with and without fonts and it crashes regardless. It's a single page file with nothing that should be causing any issues. I don't know if there was a recent update that has gotten everything out of wack. If I go one version backwards, no issues as all and I can create a PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JoleneCampbell Hi, this does sound as though it is the update that is causing you problems if you can revert to a previous version with no issues. I updated to 16.3 (Windows) a few days ago and just tested exporting. I'm able to export a variety of documents to PDF without any problems. I'm curious to know if you crash on exporting any type of PDF preset or only with some. Have you tested it with various presets i.e., High Quality Print, Smallest File Size, or any of your own custom specifications? Also, is the point of crashing immediately after you hit the Export button? Or does it try to generate a PDF, get hung up, and then crash? I'm assuming you've reinstalled ID already. What about a preference reset? If the previous version is otherwise working for you, maybe stay with that version until until it is determined if this is a bug with more people or if it's only with you.

JainLemos_0-1626557807040.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, bless you!! I had already reinstalled both ID and Acrobat, to no avail. So I just reset the preferences. BINGO! That appears to have done the trick. Thank you so much. I was really going nuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JoleneCampbell So glad you are back in business!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same issue but on ID v. 17.1 the PDF export process starts but crashes almost immediately. I've tried different presets for press to no avail. I send the crash reports to Adobe but they have no solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mike_WCP Does this occur with all files or only one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I want to say, I'm having trouble too.

I've redone my pdf from scratch, exported indd and idml, tried on older versions... I have to handle the book super soon and I'm getting crazy at this software being able to do a lot of stuff except its main purpose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines