• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Indesign V18 stuck on welcome screen

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Since the last update, Indesign is stuck on welcome screen.
- I can't create new documents (don't create them and stay on welcome screen)

- I can't open document (don't charge them and stay on welcome screen)

- I can't turn off welcome screen in my preferences (correctly uncheck the box in preference and (you got it) stay on welcome screen - even after restarting the app : the option is still correctly uncheck, but the welcome screen is desperetly still there)

I already tryed to reset my preferences, uninstall/reinstall, and reboot my computer, and that changed nothing. 

Anyone ever experienced something like this before ?

Any ideas how to solve this ?

Thank you all ! 🙂

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you have the correct system specs, including plenty of RAM (at least 16GB) and spare disk capacity, try using the Adobe Cleaner Tool to uninstall version 18 and reinstall it again. If that doesn't work go back to the previous version of InDesign and use that until the issue with the current version is resolved.
https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it's a MAC on which you have this issue, it could be an issue with disk access permission. Check if "Full Disk Access" is granted to InDesign or not.

-Manan

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines