Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign version 16.2.1 Freezing and hanging issues

New Here ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I was working on  a very important file yesterday morning using Indesign version 16.2.1 and was linking images to the file when my indesign just froze. I've been having issues since where it takes for ever if at all to open any indesign file. At one stage it didn't recover my file so a message came up to ask if I wanted to recovery it....what ever option I chose I was left with Indesign unable to still function properly. (I had also renamed files incase the file was corrupt) Also noticed when force quiting the program using "Task Manager" that Adobe Notification Client - says suspended, so we don't get a crash report window) and also it always says indesign is not respinding. Found in a forum about clearing the " Indesign Recovery" File area. This doesn't seem tohave helped. I also tried installing an older indesign version to see if it would not remember any setting/issues but it did the same thing.....Can you please advise what I can do to solve this as I cannot use Idesign at all currently. 

This is very urgent!

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm also having a very similar issue albeit with updating a linked Illustrator file. When I try to update the modified Illustrator file in Indesign it crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines