• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign version 17.0 exporting PDFs without periods

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work for a small magazine and we've been using the typeface Vollkorn for our body copy. It worked without a problem until we updated to the latest version of InDesign (17.0) recently, and now every PDF we export is losing any punctuation with periods (periods, colons, semicolons, etc.). The punctuation is still visible in InDesign, and we've tried going back to export with an older version and it works just fine, but doesn't work with the book file that we're putting all our spreads into. Is there a way to fix this issue without using an older version of InDesign or changing the typeface?

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you updated to 17.0.1? Have you tried a different font?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't know there was already a 17.0.1 - trying that now and will update if it works, thanks! Different fonts work fine but we were hoping not to have to go back and change everything if there's a way around it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If different fonts work, this sounds like a corrupt font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it corrupt even if it works on other versions?

Anyway, the font is available both on Google and Adobe fonts and for some reason we'd been using the Google one, so deactivating it and using the Adobe one instead solved it. Thank you for your responses!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad you got it sorted but if you had both fonts installed that could easily cause any kind of wonky behavior, and yes, InDesign is quite sensitive to corruption that might not show up in other apps or even other versions of InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I didn’t have both fonts installed, just the Google Fonts one to start, but
I’ll keep that in mind in the future, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines