• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign version issue in 17.4

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated my Indesign to version 17.4 recently. When I was going to open an older document that was made in version 17.1 I get an error that my Indesign is old and I need to update it to correspond to the Indesign document I want to open. Since Im running Indesign 17.4 it isnt any newer indesign version. So Im stuck in a loop where the document is version 17.1 and Indesign is 17.4 but the program says my Indesign software is to old and need an update to work with my document. Sorry the picture is in Swedish.

Adobe 17-4 ger fel i version.JPG

 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

OK, saw the problem now. The guy that has used this computer before has 2 versions installed of Indesign. One with 16.X and the newest one 17.4. When I double clicked the Indesign file it opened the 16.x version instead of the newst one. Sorry for bothering you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @parl25349865,

Can you share the translation of this message in English? Also, can you share a screenshot of your About>InDesign dialog

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It says the thing I wrote above. That my document I tried to open is in a newer version than my Indesign software and that it wants me to upgrade the software.  Software is version 17.4 and docuemtn is 17.1.

Adobe 17-4 ger fel i version-1.JPG

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, saw the problem now. The guy that has used this computer before has 2 versions installed of Indesign. One with 16.X and the newest one 17.4. When I double clicked the Indesign file it opened the 16.x version instead of the newst one. Sorry for bothering you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No worries, sometimes it needs an extra pair of eyes or someone pointing the things one tends to overlook. Good that you figured it out.

P.S.:- You would want to change the file association of all the InDesign files to the latest version. You can Google on how to do that for your OS.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines