• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign very slow turning pages

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign 18.1 is painfully slow if I use the keyboard command to go from one spread to another. I am on an almost new MacBook Pro and turn to the next or the previous spread using fn-option plus the up or down arrow keys. I can go from one spread to the next easily with two fingers on the trackpad but not using the keyboard. This is a program problem which only began in the last few months with some upgrade. Unfortunately I do not know which as I didn't pay close enough attention.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also using InDesign 18.1 on a new MacBook Pro and using the keyboard shortcuts you mentioned jumps me between spreads instantaneously.

Have you tried...

• Restarting InDesign
  • Restarting your computer
  • Resetting the InDesign preferences

The Creative Cloud app allows for multiple versions of InDesign to be simultaneously installed. Try the keyboard shortcuts on an earlier version of InDesign to try and better isolate the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Further to the advice offered already - and to expand on the how tos for the reset preferences

Try resetting your preferences:

Windows: Start InDesign, and then press Shift+Ctrl+Alt. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.
macOS: While pressing Shift+Option+Command+Control, start InDesign. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.
A dialog will appear asking to delete the InDesign Preferences, select 'Yes' on this dialog.
Further info and instructions here if needed:
https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/indesign-preferences-support-file-locations.html

------------------

If it's just one document or all documents?
For one document but not all (maybe some documents)

If a document is not behaving well then try 

File>Export 

Choose IDML

Open the IDML in InDesign
Save the file as a new InDesign file with a new name
See if the issue persists.

----------------

Reinstalling rarely fixes everything - you can do a complete reinstall using the
Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines