Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign won´t open the file

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having trouble opening files on both of my computers. My colleagues are able to open these files without any issues, but I am unable to do so. We all have the latest version of Indesign installed (19.3). I have tried various solutions to fix the problem including reinstalling Indesign, resetting preferences and even reinstalling Windows 11. However, the loading bar gets stuck around 80% and does not progress any further. I am hoping that someone can assist me with this issue. Could you please help me to resolve this problem?

Thanks a lot,

Zuzana

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ask your colleagues to export one of the files as IDML, then try to open the IDML file on your machine. Can you open it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it, but it didn't work. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently had a very similar problem. Some files I had saved, like, half an hour ago didn't reopen, as if they were damaged. At least it looked like it. ID took very long to open them or got hung, running on high CPU for a while and ended up restoring them from the cache. However, the cached files, even when I saved them as new, also wouldn't reopen. I could, at least, export an IDML to not lose the last version.

I tried several things, including manually cleaning the cache and ended up restarting my PC and to my relief, the problem was gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are these files stored locally, network, cloud? If they're in a cloud storage folder such as Dropbox or OneDrive, make sure you have all smart sync features disabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines