• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign won’t open

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all Indesign has been stuck on loading screen for few hours now, I tried multiple thing:

-Version was updated to 17.2- tried using older versions 17.1 / 17.0 / 16.4 - none of them worked, came back to most updated- still no luck

- Restarting my computer multiple times

- Freeing up space in the computer, also purging. ( there's plenty of space available)

- logging in and out from creative cloud desktop app

Did anyone else expirenced any thing like that????
Help 😩

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to reset preferences: quit InDesign and relaunch it while holding down the Shift, Ctrl and Alt keys [Windows], Shift, Ctrl, Alt and Cmd keys [Mac] until you see a warning message asking for confirmation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this, But unfortunately it didn't help. No message came up, still stuck on same screen "starting up panels". Same thing for hours. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If no message came up, it means you didn't handle it correctly. There are other ways:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/reset-indesign-preferences-and-other-troubleshoo...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS 12.3

First encountered this problem with Indesign 17.0.1

And the adobe support suggested creating a new Mac user after about hour of trouble shooting (restart by deleteting preferences, resolving font-errors, giving root permissing to user-where ID opened, re-installing and cleaning CC etc)

Given creating a new user and shifting your whole workflow to a new Mac account is a tedious process - it tool about a month! and Thank god ID was opening.....

then, it stopped hanging like it did for the old user! It is InDesign (17.2) now, and evey time it starts it hangs

Mac > Press Shift, Ctrl, Alt and Cmd and start ID to delete preferenes is of no use, and downgrading to 17.1 is also not workign any longer!!

for a new Mac User - it might work, btu am not going to keep creating new Mac user accounts and spend time in realigning the OS workflow so that Indesign can keep messing up permissions with every other update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issue and it started after my last major Mac update. I haven't been able to open InDesign for a week now. I tried cleaning my temp files, caches, un/reinstalling InDesign, rebooting multiple times, shutting down my cloud drives, etc. Nothing worked. Today, I see there is another Mac update and I'm hoping it resolves the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines