Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign won't Save!!!!

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indesign won't Save and won't 'Undo'.
It will work like 'normal'  this for the first 5 mins or so, then as I start to get into the flow and time passes,
all of a sudden these basic fucntions no longer work.
I try 'Save' and nothing happens. The little stupid asterick * remains there in the window title.

If I attempt to close the file, the window pops up with the options : 'Don't save', 'Save As' or 'Save'. The only option that works is 'Don't Save.' I've lost countless amount of work and time on this BS behaviour. I'm over it. I shoudl get couple of months of subscription refund for this crap.

I have to constantly redo work.

I have unistalled and reinstalled all Adobe products - still happens!

I'm runnng the latest everything.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try to trash your preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using a keyboard shortcut:
  1. (Windows) Start InDesign, and then immediately press Shift+Ctrl+Alt. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.
  2. (Mac OS) Start InDesign, and then immediately press Shift+Option+Command+Control. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for these, but it still doesnt work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of ID do you have? Are you install all available updates? 

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to "clean" your publication with idml method? Save as .idml, open this .idml, re-save as new .indd and try to work with that new indd.

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can give this a go. The idml resave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on the latest version. I've also done a clean reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I see you've tried clean installation of the app, but it did not help. I'd request you to share the version of the OS & InDesign.

Also, please try the suggestions given on this community post & let u know if they make a difference. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines