Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign Wont Open

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have an Adobe MasterCollection CS5 and indesign app wont open. The other apps works correctly. I uninstall then install again but it didnt solve my problem. Can anyone help me?

I am using Windows10 and if I run app with admin rights it will open correctly but I need to run this at user rights because it is a company computer and I cant use admin rights.

TOPICS
Activation billing and install , Bug , EPUB , Feature request , How to , Import and export , Performance , Scripting , SDK , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>  if I run app with admin rights it will open correctly 

Ask your admin about rights. Don't waste your time.

>> CS5

>> Windows10

CS5 isn't support Win10 officially.  

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS5 is totally unsupported in Windows 10. Try running it in compatibility mode for Windows 7 or upgrade to Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried compatibility mode for win7 but it still cannot open 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about installing a windows 7 virtual machine? Would your company allow that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is forbidden too unfortunately. My computer was changed last week and my excomputer was windows 10. It was work seamless. I cant understand whats the difference 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 has been updated more times than I can count. Any one of those updates could be the culprit. I'm sorry but you are on your own unless you upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Кесарю кесарево (Give back to Caesar what is Caesar's.)

You can't do your work! Go to your chief and say that sysadmin don't wanna do his work and paralize your work.

Virtual Machine is cost not so many money instead of one year of actual Adobe CC. "Dear chief! Or buy for me new Adobe CC every year or punish our sysadmin with all your available power!" 

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CS5 was released in 2010--Windows 10 came out in 2015. Unless you stopped updating your OS, you will only have more and more problems running old software. Generally, if one wants to run old software, don't upgrade the OS.

Hopefully, your company has an IT dept. since you mention you are not an admin. I would tell the IT dept. to deal with it. 

(There choices are probably put you back to Windows 7 OR upgrade to the Creative Cloud.)

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines